Wednesday 12 December 2012

Busybusybusy

I am almost ashamed of how little I have blogged since moving to Cardiff. This is probably one of the most exciting times of my life so far, and I have nothing to look back on. I'm a little disappointed, but I really have been a busy bee. 

The workload for a Physics degree is insane. I have work due in everyday, and most of it takes 2-3 hours to complete - sometimes more! Although it is paying off, as my marks have been improving, and I do feel like I have absorbed most of the nonsense I have had thrown at me. As much as I moan about it on twitter, I do love my degree. I learn new things everyday and I have started to become actively involved in some fascinating projects. 

For example, I have recently become a STEM ambassador! I am yet to actually do anything for the programme, but I have agreed to help out at an Astronomy evening, at a local primary school. It's not until the second half of the Spring term, so I have plenty of time to brush up on the Spring sky. I'm also a student rep! Which has proved to be a lot of fun so far - as I generally just listen to first years moan about 9am lectures -but I have helped to improve homework feedback (a bit) and I did get a lecturer to explain a physics topic better. 

I would love to catch my blog up with current events, but I am extremely tired, so I will try again soon - I promise. 

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the Peak Star Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment